The application deadline for all applicants is February 28th of each year for admission in the subsequent summer. All application materials should arrive by February 28.
While applications are accepted through February 28, we encourage you to complete the Miami University Graduate School portion of your application by February 18. Doing so will help ensure that all materials will be received and processed in a timely manner.
All applicants must be at least 18 years of age and hold a bachelor’s degree.
1) Let us know you are applying by completing the brief AIP Pre-Application.
2) Create and complete your account in "My Project Dragonfly." Follow the detailed instructions on this site to share your contact, personal and academic details as well as indicate your target AIP Master Institution affiliate. Please Note: Applicants using Hotmail email addresses to create their "My Project Dragonfly" accounts may not receive the activation email. Please use a different email address to create your account or, if you do not have an alternate email address, contact AIP_Masters@miamioh.edu for assistance in activating your account.
3) Complete your application to Miami’s Graduate School.
Note: Select Biological Sciences (Master of Arts in Teaching) or Biology (Master of Arts) - you will not see "Advanced Inquiry Program" or "AIP" under "Program Choice" on the Graduate School application. Click "Yes" that you are applying to a degree-seeking program. GRE scores are NOT required for application to the AIP.
Before starting your application, please have or prepare the following:
• Copies of your unofficial transcripts
• Your updated résumé or CV
• Names and contact information for at least two people from whom you would like to request recommendations. NOTE: The Graduate School application will allow you to list the name and e-mail address of a third reference, but only two letters of recommendation are required to complete your application package.
• Your answers to these questions:
1. How have you translated professional opportunities, classes, or life experiences into your work? (250-word limit)
2. How do you think this experience will benefit your personal life, professional life and your community? (250-word limit)
Please note also that while it is not required that you submit your Social Security Number when you complete your Graduate School application, failure to do so can cause complications when you first login to myMiami, the library, or other systems and services on the Miami University website.)
Applicant screening will begin on February 28. Applicants will be notified about their recommendation for admission to the program by April 15. Note: Your admittance to the Graduate School is not final until you receive the official letter from the Graduate School.
Acceptance to the Advanced Inquiry Program
The Chicago Zoological Society/Brookfield Zoo
Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden
Cleveland Metropark Zoo
San Diego Zoo Global
Woodland Park Zoo
Project Dragonfly, Miami University
Applicant screening will begin on February 28. Applicants will be notified about their recommendation for admission to the program by April 15.
Note: Your admittance to the Graduate School is not final until you receive the official letter from the Graduate School.